Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2013

Downloads #25

Mega Man Unlimited (PC)



I had planned to download this game before going to work on Sunday when it was released but the download speed was taking forever. This was probably due to so many gamers trying to download it. So I waited until I was finished with work and was able to download it in seconds. I've only tried two levels, Tank Man and Nail Man and can say that the game is very much Nintendo Hard.

Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS)



I've been listening to this game's soundtrack since I downloaded it a while back. It only felt right to get the game as well. I'd hoped to be playing this one already but I still haven't beat the original Mighty Switch Force! That last level is no joke.

Kokuga (3DS)



This game got a physical release in Japan but only a digital version for it's American release. I'm OK with that. It was one of the more pricey 3DS downloads at $14.99, but I'd say it's worth it. Kokuga is a tank-style shooter that scrolls far more slowly than other games in the SHMUP genre. I'd like to review this game when I get the time but if you're looking for more incentive to check Kokuga out, the game is the brainchild of Hiroshi Iuchi, the same mind behind Ikaruga.

Mario Bros. (NES)



With this year being the Year of Luigi, I thought I'd download the first game he ever stared in. Or the best home version, anyway. It may not be as polished or deep as other Mario titles, but I confess to getting a lot of enjoyment out of Mario Bros. even if the later phase slay me.

F-Zero X (N64)



I was jonesing for some F-Zero and it's been years since I played F-Zero X, one of my favorite N64 titles. Since my N64 got lost in the move, I opted for a digital version, although I still would have gotten this off the Virtual Console regardless.

The Last Blade (NG)



This marks my first Neo Geo game download. I've experienced a lot of SNK/Playmore games through anthology releases but I've never played either of the Last Blade games, and I've heard a  wealth of good things about both.

No comments: