Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Latest Purchases #55



Where to start? How about the comics?

I was fortunate enough to find parts eight, nine and ten of the Sonic & Mega Man Worlds Collide crossover all in one go. Archie listed part eight, which takes place in Sonic Universe #53 as a June release but no matter how often I checked in Barns & Noble, they didn't have it. So I feared I may have missed it. Thankfully, this was not the case. Maybe there was a delay or it just shipped late, but whatever the reason, I haven't missed a single issue of this lengthy cross over. Sonic the Hedgehog #250 opens up with a two page spread of the heroes facing down what looks like most of the Robot Masters from the Mega Man series.

de Blob is a game I've had my eye on for quite some time but I never got around to picking it up. When I saw de Blob 2 on sale at K-Mart for  whopping $5, I knew it was time to get both games. Thankfully, GameStop had the original for a low price and complete to boot.

Battalion Wars is a game I already own but now I have  complete copy, which is always nice to have. Still need to get around to playing it and get the original on the GCN.

Red Steel 2 is a game I came close to grabbing about a year ago, but I can't remember why I never did. Well, I coped it complete for the super low price of $6.29, complete. I never played the first game but heard a lot of good things about this one. From what I hear, I could easily pass on the first Red Steel.

The Fire Mario candy makes the second version of Mario candy that I have. I bought my first one over a year ago and I never touched the candy as I bought this purely for Mario.

I didn't lose my 3DS stylus but it's always nice to have extras. But the main reason I bought Write & Protect Pack was to get some screen protectors. The 80 plus hours I poured into Theatrhythm Final Fantasy has produced some scratches in the center of my touch screen. To avoid anymore of that, I'm really hoping these screen protectors do the job.

Two more Super Mario 3D Land figurines are added to the collection, this time regular, small Mario and stone Tanooki Mario. Only three more to go! The New Super Mario Bros. Wii Danglers will take longer to collect since there's 10 of them and my Target is all out. Of all the enemies to get, I got one of the most bothersome foes. I didn't even bother to hit the Mario wikia to look up his name.

Gotcha Tomy has added more figurines to their current Zelda line. Two Link and Zelda figurines from Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword join Tetra and Toon Link from Phantom Hour Glass. I was fortunate enough to get Skyward Sword Zelda, my favorite Zelda design from the whole series.

Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! is a game I wanted to pick up when it released but I was preoccupied with other things. I've always been an art love and I love to draw but I've slacked for years. With this game, I hope to greatly get back into the hobby and improve my skills.

It's the Year of Luigi so I have to pick up Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Besides, I loved the original and this one has more than one mansion to explore.

Shin Megami Tensai IV is currently the most money I've spent on a 3DS game. At $50, you get the game a soundtrack CD and a strategy guide/art design book. I'm disappointed that the strategy guide talks up the bulk of the book. Not only that but the guide is by Prima, a company that has put out shoddy strategy guides in the past. If someone can tell me if Prima has improved, I'd appreciate it. Then again, I'll probably need all the help I can get since I hear Shin Megami Tensai IV is killing players in the tutorial dungeon. This is actually my first time buying any of the games in this series and I admit that I mainly did it for $30 in eShop credit. I'll be picking up Fire Emblem: Awakening next week.

3 comments:

GameOverYeah said...

de Blob is a really good game despite a slightly annoying jump control One crucial thing though is that some of the later levels can be long, as in about an hour long, and there is no save option which is a right pain.

Own the second one but am yet to play it yet.

I own both Red Steel games and went back to try and finish off the first one last week. It's OK for a cheap price.

SlidingSiv said...

You gotta let me know how that Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS is, and you mos def gotta let me know what that Fire Emblem is like. Oh and SMT IV as well.

I recently got the complete Etrian Oddyssey series, I picked up 1 & 2 since Atlus did reprints, these games are so. friggin. hard. III is still hard but it is not nearly like these. And IV is a cakewalk in comparison.

Reggie White Jr. said...

@Justin

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is AWESOME. Not only that, it looks stunning, easily one of the best-looking games on the 3DS. Catching ghosts, searching mansions, finding hidden paths and cash is some of the most fun you can have on the 3DS. Get it for sure.

You should tell me in detail just how tough Etrian Oddyssey 1 & 2 are. I'd like to give them a go and maybe feature them in play hard.