Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Super Smash Bros. Songs to Smash To: Kirby Edition



The Kirby Edition of songs I'd love to see in the next Super Smash Bros.

Kirby's Dream Land

Yes, Kirby's first game is very short and can be breezed through in less than 30 minutes. Be that as it may, it still has some of the series' most memorable tunes, some I'd love to see in the new Smash. I think Castle Lololo deserves to be in as well as the glorious End Credits music.

Kirby's Dream Land 2

Coo the Owl. Who doesn't want to slap fools around to that theme? Let's give Rick the Hamster some much deserved appreciation. Cloudy Park is another excellent theme and I was pleased to see it get a wonderful arrangement in of all places, the menu for Kirby's Dream Collection. Dark Castle would make a fine battle background theme and so would Dark Matter.

Kiby's Dream Course

One of my favorite spin-off games, Dream Course has a few original tracks that are long overdue to be arranged. Iceberg Ocean, Green Fields, The First Hole, and Jigsaw Plains.

Kirby's Adventure

Soooooo much good music is in Kirby's Adventure. Being one of the very last NES games, it should come as no surprise that it has one of the system's best soundtracks. If there's going to be an 8-bit version of Green Greens, I'd prefer this one over the Game Boy version. Rainbow Resort needs some love as does Vegetable Valley and Ice Cream Island. Nightmare has one of the sickest NES final battle themes. I'd kill for an arrangement of it in the new Smash.

Kirby Super Star

If we don't get any remixed music from this game, I'd be fine with SNES versions. I was actually surprised how much music from this game didn't make it into Brawl. As the definitive Kirby title for over a decade (Kirby's Return to Dream Land finally dethroned it for me), I think the next Smash needs more music from this game. Peanut Plain, The Great Cave Offensive, Trees in the Depths of the Earth, Gourmet Race (come on, we gotta have the original), Megaton Punch, Heart of Nova, Crystal Field and Mystery Paradise, Duel with Meta Knight, and Staff Roll.

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

Zero 2 was remixed for Brawl, but far more music from Kirby 64 needs love. Pop Star, Rock Star, Shiver Star, Aqua Star, Dark Star, Neo Star and of course that sick, SICK beat that is Miracle Matter. Oh and lest I forget, super jazzy theme, Ripple Star.

Kirby Air Ride

A few songs from Air Ride's magnificent soundtrack made it into Brawl but the next Smash needs more from this game. Machine Passage is a must, as is Beanstalk Park, Sky, Light, and Celestial Valley and of course, Fantasy Meadows. And no, I didn't forget about Magma Flows and especially City Trial. I know all the Air Ride fans want to smash to that song.

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Cool CaveBig Bean Vine, Weird Woods, Rainbow Falls, and Fountain Gardens are my top picks out of so many other songs I could choose from this game. Some remixes would be nice, but I'd be perfectly happy if they just stuck to the originals.

Kirby Mass Attack

There was some arranged music from Kirby Air Ride in this one, but there was plenty of new content as well. Kirby Collecting, Tree to Tree, Over the Water, Fetching Fruit, and a rock version of Terrifying Fiend would be welcome music in the next Smash.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land

Finishing this installment off with what is my favorite Kirby game. Return to Dream Land has so many good tracks. I know there's no way all of them would be used, but I can dream, can't I? Cookie Country, Looming Darkness, Sphere Doomer, Super Copy Boss, Galacta Knight, Vs Magalor, C-R-O-W-N-E-D, Exotic Pyramid, Techno Factory, Grape Garden, Challenge Stage, and Sky Tower. I'm betting only about five of those will make it into the actual game, though.

Mario Edition

No comments: